Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree....Oh Christmas Tree


Well, here we are. Preparing for another Christmas season. We put our tree up last weekend. It is a slim line, pre-lit tree from QVC. We have a small house and this is just the right size for our living room. We are hosting Christmas this year for our families and we can not have the tree taking up most of the room when we need space for all our loved ones! :) My only wish is that is smelled like fresh pine....oh well...This is my souvenir from our Disney vacation this year. All my favorite characters are on it along with the year we went. We have two of them now. Can not wait to add a third one. I LOVE that place!



This ornament is special to my husband. His grandfather made it for him. It is a little wooden fellow. It has fabric on the feet and belly. Can you see the sweet rick-rack around the fabric? He is also sporting a little fabric hat. My husband asks every year when the ornament box comes out..."where is my ornament that Grandpa made me?" He places it on the tree himself. I watched the girls faces this year when he did it. They both just smiled at him and watched him place his memory on our tree just like they do.

This is my very first Christmas tree ornament I ever had. My mother used to be a beautician. One of the ladies that she worked for in her forty plus years of doing hair gave this to me on my first Christmas when I was seven months old. It is made from a styrofoam ball with a pipe cleaner face and a little felt hat with some glitter on it. This baby is 42 years old! HA! I too look forward to unwrapping it from the ornament box each year and placing it on our tree to enjoy. One of those little things that just make me smile.....

And last but not least.....you know my tree could not be decorated with some Mary loveliness...right? She is a little fairy sitting on a sea shell with a bucket and shovel like she is playing at the beach. She is sporting a very cute blue pokka dot swimsuit and little red flip flops. Oh...the cuteness! :) I must confess though....there are several Mary ornaments on my tree, but hey...what's wrong with that? ;)

What about you? What ornaments are special to you and your family?

No comments: