Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jolly Old St. Nick

This is one of the few Christmas decorations I bought this year. I found this little jolly fellow at Walmart....on clearance too! He was $15.00 and I don't think it could of been better spent! He is so precious all lit up. I seem to be reverting back to my childhood for some reason. Does that happen when you are 41 and a half? :) I find myself liking all the things from my childhood and even before. My friends tell me I was born in the wrong decade. Hee hee! I would of loved to of been a woman in the 1940's or 1950's. Simpler times, closer families, better morals, not as much filth on the television, children were better behaved, modesty with women still existed, the honor system was still in effect, God still mattered and women still wore aprons! :) Some of my friends make fun of me because I wear aprons. I can't help it....I love them. I feel more feminine in them, if that makes any sense.

Anyway, this is my little vintage looking Santa. And, I think he looks quite nice standing on my porch greeting my guests with his friendly wave. By the way...Christmas is only seven days away. ;)

1 comment:

Big O said...

this Santa reminds me of the old Santa you had your picture taken of in that sweet little green velvet dress that grandma Mac made for you.This is why you probably like it.

Big O