Friday, December 26, 2008

Grasshopper




No...this is not the kind of grasshopper I was referring too......this is!



Another one of our family traditions at Christmas time is making Grasshoppers. They are a ice-cream drink that has Creme De Menthe and Cream De Cacao in them. My Grandma Mac used to drink them every Christmas. Since she passed away, we carried on the tradition. I don't think we have missed many Christmases without them. We just make one blender full and share a tad with everyone (except kiddos.) They are extremely sweet too. A little goes a long way with these babies.

And, here is the bartender himself mixing up our batch. He looks like he has done this a time or two or fifty or so. ;) This is my daddy. It was his mama's tradition.

By the way...how do you like my new blender? My hubby bought it for me as a surprise for Christmas. I have been making home-made salad dressings and needed a blender for them. No salad dressing here tonight....but it did work fabulously for Grasshoppers!

No comments: