Thursday, December 18, 2008

When God gives you two snow days in a row....




When God gives you two snow days in a row...what can you do....but draw on the kitchen chalkboard! :)
What on earth is going on with this midwest weather? It is not officaily winter until December 21st but it certainly has been "winter-ish" around here a lot lately! Ice, Ice and more Ice. As a matter of fact, as I sit here typing this right now, there is freezing rain falling. UGH!
I had big plans without my kids this past Wednesday, Thursday and Friday that I have been off work. I was going to finish my Christmas shopping. Which, by the way, this is the LATEST I have ever been in getting my shopping done. Sigh... I was going to relax at the bookstore and drink a yummy cup of coffee to help me get into the holiday spirit. I was going to wrap and watch "It's A Wonderful Life" because that is tradition for me. I wrap and watch that movie and of course, cry my stinkin eyes out at the end every single time I watch the movie!!!! Yup, that was my plans for these past couple days of freedom before the kids are on their Christmas break for two weeks. But, it did not happen. Instead, the heavens opened up and dropped freezing rain on us and the kids stayed home. I also had my nephew here with us to. After I realized my plans had been foiled, my motto was, the more the merrier. So when my sister called to see if he could come to Aunties house so she could go to work, I said sure! :) He was a very good boy and my youngest daughter sure enjoyed having someone to play with.
And, the moral of this story is.....if the kids would not of had a snow day, they would not of used the chalkboard in my kitchen to draw me this little piece of loveliness! I thought I would share with you what they did.

That's right kiddos....He IS what this holiday season is all about. Thank you for reminding me of that my wee ones!

No comments: