Friday, December 5, 2008

Peek a Boo


This is my "studio." I reeeeeeeeeeeeeelly want a room/studio of my very own, but we have a small home (that I am very thankful for) and there is no room to do that now. So, here is where I have my "stuff." It is an antique armoire that I bought a couple years ago. The talented friend that I have put shelves in it for me so I could load her up. :) It is sitting in my living room now. At first my intentions when I bought it was to keep my linens in it and my bigger pieces of china like serving platters and such. Well, I decided that my growing love of sewing and crafts was much more important than silly serving platters. So, here is what it looks like with the doors open.





Can you see the goodies inside? There is little buckets with scissors and paint brushes so I know where to find things. There is also one with all the different size crochet hooks in them. I have the little baskets with my linen napkins and other assorted linens in them. If you look on the next to the bottom shelf, you will see my fabric stash and my table cloths. Not much of a stash. I simply must do something about that! Hee hee!








Here is a closer look at the "stash." Do you see a color scheme going on here? Say pink? All I can say is "ahhhhh." :)





Here is my little basket of ribbon. So neat and tidy. Makes me want to make something! What shall I make? Isn't it so nice when your things are organized and just waiting on you to come play with them? :)





Here is my corner of books. There are some great ones in here that I have not had a chance to use yet. A couple are because I don't know how to sew well enough yet. The Amy Butler book has a pattern in it to make jammie pants. I bought it with the intention of making some for my friends but sad to say, I don't know how to do jammie pants. Maybe someday.





Well, that is my craft studio. Not much as of yet...but you should see the area I have designed in my head for someday!! Lets see now...only five more years and my oldest will be in college.....that gives me time to start saving before I can take over her room. HA! I know, I know....it will be here before I know it. Then I will be crying and worrying because she is not living here any more......Sniff Sniff. Well, a girl can dream, can't she? :)





No comments: