Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Santa's footprints



It is tradition in our family to have Santa leave his footprints in the house on Christmas Eve when he leaves the presents for good girls and boys. Tonight, on my way to bed, this is what I found! Santa's boot prints! It is "magic snow" from the North Pole because it never melts! :) We have done this as part of our Christmas Eve ritual for the past 13 years. Tonight it was no different. Although this year, no one in our house believes in Santa but me. I still set the plate out with cookies on it. Still filled the Santa mug with eggnog because that is what Mr. Clause likes to drink. Mrs. Clause DOES NOT by the way. Hee Hee! I still set out one carrot for the reindeer too. Just in case they needed a little snack too. It was hard to think about not doing all these little things for my girls this year. So, I did them. And, I feel pretty happy about it to. And, I bet my ten year old will appreciate it in the early morning when she gets up and I even bet my moody 13 year old will appreciate it too. Even though she would not dare to admit it. :)
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments: