Sunday, December 14, 2008

Chicago Chicago

We made it back from the Windy City. And, it was windy and cold cold cold too! WOW! It did not take long to realize that it is much colder up there than down state where I live. I thought I would share a few pictures from our weekend. I will post some more later.

This is the tree outside Water Tower Place. Also right outside the Cheesecake Factory where we ate dinner. And a piece of cheesecake, of course. ;) This picture can not really show you how huge this tree really was. It was filled with colored lights and a ton of them too. I mean a ton. It actually caught my breath when I first saw it.

This is on our way to the Oriental Theatre to see ...................................................

And oh my was it good! The singing was amazing! The orchestra was also amazing. So was the set and the costumes and the theatre itself was so ornate and beautiful. Basically the whole thing was amazing! :)

One bonus from our weekend was while we were traveling through a small town on the train on the way home, we ran into The Santa Train. We slowed down as we passed by it and I could see Santa and a beautiful tree all lit up and other lights as well inside the train. There were several people inside probably meeting Santa. For a minute, I wished I was there, a small girl again....sitting on Santa's lap telling him what I would like to have for Christmas. And then drinking a warm cup of creamy chocholate-ty hot cocoa with extra marshmallow on top! And maybe even a candy cane sticking out the top for more loveliness. YUM!

Anyway, I am back home and my weekend with my co-workers was fantastic! I know that I am extremely blessed to have a boss that would do something so special for his staff. I am very thankful to be able to work for him!

No comments: