Thursday, December 25, 2008

My Loot!

Oh my....what a wonderful day we had! It was a lovely Christmas, indeed! It started VERY early for me. My youngest darling daughter woke up at 4:25 am and wanted to know if she could get up. Um....NO!!!! So, she went back into her room to go back to sleep. Yah right! She came back out at 5:00 to see if she could "get up." Um....NO!!! So back she went into her room again. She came back out again at 5:55 to see if she could get up now. Um....YES!!! My coffee had already started perking so I changed into happy mommy with the sounds and smells of that happening. :) She got her daddy up and waited at the kitchen table until we got the house ready. Things like turning on the Christmas tree, putting holly jolly music on to open gifts to, get the camcorder and camera's ready, let the dog outside to potty and get that hot, steamy, brown cup of loveliness in my hand so my morning could officially begin. I went in to the big sisters room to get her up at 6:00. She woke up better than I thought she would. Not the Grinch that I thought she was going to be. So, with that said.....we opened the socks and the kids opened their gifts from us. We went to my parents house around 10:00 to begin opening our gifts and more gifts for the kids. We meet my sissy and her son there at my folks house as well.
Here are a few pictures of what I got today. I got so many wonderful things! I just love them all. I have been admiring these wreaths for quite some time. My sister made this one for me! She did such an excellent job on this!! I could not believe my eyes when I opened the box and saw that pretty pink satin ribbon. I knew, even before I tore the tissue paper back, that it was going to be something good! And, I was right!!! Wasn't' I? :) Can it be any more of a perfect color for me? Be still my heart........


This next picture is a gift from my husband. I love the t-shirts that say "Life is Good." Even when I feel like mine is in the tubes, my life is still good because of what Jesus has done for me. So, I try (even when it is difficult) to remember that always. So, back to my shirt. He got this cute light blue t-shirt for me with this fun gal sitting in her tub soaking. That is sooo me! I take a bath almost every night. I take a shower in the morning....but I love to relax and soak in a hot bath at night. Ahhhhh!

This next picture is a book that I saw one day at Borders and thought it would be such a fun book to read. It is called Dewey and it is a true story about a kitten that was dropped into a return book slot at a library and the library kept him and raised him for the next 19 years! He became very special to that town and the people in it. I like stories like that! Stories that make you feel good. Those are good!!! So, I will be curled up in my chair sometime very soon, I hope, to read this little baby.

This last picture is me with a sweet print my sister got for me off of Etsy. I think it is just so cute! I can not remember who she said the artist was that drew this, but I think is is just so darling! Someday, when I have that little studio I am dreaming of, I will hang it in there for a little bit of sweetness for me to look at while I create. Until then, I believe it will hang in my bedroom for me to enjoy. Did you notice that it had some pink in it? Boy, does my sister know me or what?!?!?! Hee hee!

So there you have it....some of my Christmas goodies that people that I love dearly gave to me. I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas with those that you love and I do hope that you got a little something special under the tree this Christmas that made you smile too. Merry Christmas!! :)

No comments: