Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas goodies!




Here is the only baking/candy making I am doing this year. It seems that Christmas kind of snuck up on me for some reason...even though I know it is the same day every year. Usually I have several things made like little baby loafs of bread and different candies. And cookies, of course, for Santa and his big night at our house. This year though, no one believes (except me) so I will still make some sort of cookie on Christmas Eve for the big fella when he comes to visit me. :)

I got this off some one's blog....but for the life of me I can not remember for sure who's. So, sorry that I can not give credit where credit is due. I made a double batch of it to give out to family and friends. It is pretty good, if I do say so myself. :) Here is the recipe if you would like to make some for yourself. Enjoy it! By the way...only four more days till you-know-what!!!!

Vanilla Snack Mix

2-12 oz packages of vanilla chocolate chips

5 cups Cheerios

5 cups Corn Chex cereal

2 cups peanuts (cashews work great too!)

10 oz bag of small pretzel (twists or mini sticks)

1 pound plain M & M's (I used the holiday colored ones)

Melt 2 packages of chocolate chips with 3 tsp of oil in a microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes. Stir frequently while melting. Stir chocolate until smooth.

Dump in a LARGE bowl all the dry ingredients.

Pour melted chocolate over the dry ingredients. Toss to coat. Spread on wax paper to cool. Break apart after cooling and store in a sealed container.

Enjoy!!

No comments: