Saturday, January 31, 2009

I get you!

Oh....did I have fun at the fabric store the other day! Let me show you some of the projects I am going to be making.
The first one is this little pile of loveliness. I bought a charm pack that Mary Engelbreit designed. Can not remember the name of it now for anything. Oh well. I am going to make a quilted table runner from it. I have only tried quilting a couple things. I love doing it...but I get so frustrated with myself. A dear lady from our church is a very talented quilter and she has offered to teach me several times. I think I can get it all done but the binding. That is where I get into trouble...lots of trouble. It has all my most favorite colors in it. Yup....there is pink in there! Imagine that??!!??!!?!

The next one is a little flannel blanket for one of the little boy babies that have recently made their way into our world at church. I am learning how to crochet to (that will be another post another day.) I am going to crochet a little trim around this little blanket. I had my lesson last week and I am excited to try it. If I get it mastered, I will make another one for the other baby boy I know. :)

Lastly, I am making a couple more fleece scarfs. One is for my father in law. He is a cardinal fan like my hubby. The flowers are for my mother in law. She loves purple, flowers and her winter coat is olive green. So, I think this will go nicely for her. I am sending these as their Valentines Day gift from me. I hope they like them!

Well, that is it for my trip to the fabric store and my list of projects. I am really excited to get started and especially to get them finished. This is one of the neat things about blogging. I don't have any friends who enjoy sewing and making things like I do. I don't have any friends who enjoy doing things to their homes and re-painting and re-doing things like I do. I don't have friends who like to cook and experiment with recipes like I do. I do, however, have a sister who likes to do these things with me. And for that, I am very thankful. It seems like my friends just think I am nuts and there is something wrong with me that I like to do these things. They think I am old fashioned and obviously born in the wrong era. Maybe I should get some new friends. But you guys get me, right? It is a good thing this blogging. I have no idea if anyone read the words I put out here....but if you do.....hello from me to you. And if you are like me....I get you! :)

No comments: