Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009

Well...I hope that 2009 has been good to you so far. It has already been a busy one for me. My daughters wanted to swap bedrooms. They asked me about two or so months ago if we could do it. My husband, who hates to move furniture - let alone two entire rooms of it, said that he would help us. Well, today was the day we were all here with nothing to do and we tackled the big move. WOW! It was a lot of work....but I think they are pleased with the results. Both rooms now need to be painted and a couple things need to be bought like another closet organizer and a new light fixture and a new shelf. Just to name a few. Isn't that the way that projects go though....one thing turns to another to another to another....... Or is it just me?

One of the gifts my youngest daughter got for Christmas, because I knew that she was going to have big sissy's room and it is a tad cooler than hers, was an electric mattress pad. I thought it might be a bit nicer than a blanket. I turned it on about 20 minutes before bedtime so it would have a chance to warm up a bit. Tonight is the first night that she has used it and when she crawled into her bed she said "Ahhhhhhhh mama!" So, I guess she likes it! :) When we walked into her room for her to get in bed, this is what I found.....




It appears that someone else in the family likes the warm bed too! HA! He had his little furry head resting on her blankie and he was zonked! I just love it when I find him doing something so silly and cute like this. Puts a smile on my face every time.

Another thing I did today was sew a little birthday gift for my nephews birthday tomorrow. I hope he likes it. I will show you a picture of it tomorrow. It did turn out cute!

And, one more thing I did today was make some soup. My husband loves to hunt and he had a opportunity to go hunting with a gentleman from church yesterday. He went bird hunting and got five quail. They are sure little birds. He brought them home and cleaned them for me (because that is really yucky to me.) I roasted them in the oven this evening and we turned them into quail soup! It actually was my chicken noodle soup but made with the quail instead. It turned out pretty good. I was very thankful that he had the opportunity to go hunting and spend the day with a Godly man from church whom I respect very much. He is a very kind gentleman and his family is just the same. It is good for my husband to spend time with people like that. :)

So today I started my new year with things I love to do.....moving furniture, cooking, sewing and smiling at my kitty. So far so good 2009.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Quail soup....blah.

Little Sis