Sunday, January 25, 2009

I Spy

Last night my hubby and I got a very special treat. My youngest daughter went to hang out with her Nana and Papa for the evening. My eldest daughter went to her Nanny's house (her aunt) and stayed the evening. So, hubs and I went on a date! It has been months and months and months since we have done this. I have an excellent memory. Ask any one I know and they will tell you that. But, even my memory can not recall the last time we went to see a movie and dinner and had the night to ourselves with NO children.

We started at a very gourmet dining establishment. Le' Taco Bell. :) We decided we wanted a light dinner so we could eat popcorn at the movie. Then, we went to the closest book store and looked at all the magazines they offered. I found some lovely ones from the U.K. (That began my night of wanting to pack my bags and move there.) After the book store, we went to the theatre. We had gift certificates from family from our anniversary in October that we had not used yet, so the movie was free! Yeah! So was the snacks. Even better! Diet Pepsi and popcorn with extra butter is the best thing in the world to me! Any one who knows me would tell you that little fact too! We saw this movie. Oh....was it good! I love seeing movies that make you feel good after watching them. This one does just that! And even better, there is no nudity or extreme foul language or violence or blood shed in this. My cup of tea! My husband liked it to. Emma and Dustin did an excellent job! The movie takes place in London. Second time of the evening that I decided I wanted to live there! The taxi cabs were so cute and the red double decker buses and the buildings there and the sweet way they speak.....ahhhhhhh! I won't spoil it for you. But, I recommend it highly.

Anyway, while we were getting ready for our date, I was closing the closet doors before leaving for the night. I thought something seemed amiss but was not sure what. Until I took a closer look. Do you see what I see???

Besides a messy closet? Have a closer look.

I about closed him up in the closet for the evening! I have not seen him do this before. Little sneak! My husband said it is no wonder he finds cat hair all over his clothes and he takes his hair with him where ever he travels. Silly cat!

Sounds like a good evening was had by all parties involved. Girls both said they had a good time. Everyone said they behaved. Mommy and daddy had a wonderful time out. And, Simon the cat did not get trapped in a closet for the entire evening! :) And thanks Nana and Nanny for keeping the girls so we could be husband and wife instead of mommy and daddy. It was very, very much appreciated!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so welcome for the night of babysitting. Glad you had a fun evening. Your nephew would love to spend the night with you...shall we say....next weekend? :)

Big O said...

You are welcome.It has been awhile.When you are old as NaNa you forget what a date is.I will ask PaPa that question someday. HA to many ball games on for him on weekends lately so I enjoy the girls coming.Remember when you were on a trip and Simon Peter got shut in the closet? I thought he had left the house. And the time your better half found him in the linen closet in the master bath. I would say your baby boy likes tight places. Big O