Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dem Bones

We had a get together at my parents house this past weekend for the Super Bowl. My daddy cooked ribs. Let's just say I am not a huge fan of eating something off a bone. It seems a little...how shall I put this.....carnivorous for me. I don't like chicken on the bone either. I am more of a boneless/skinless kind of gal.


Anyhoo.....back to the ribs. My youngest daughter tried them for the first time. She loved them! As you can tell by this picture.

It appears that she really got into eating the ribs. She has BBQ sauce all over her face. It was even on her forehead!!




She has ALWAYS been a messy eater. Almost everyone in my family will agree with me on this. She is a lefty. I have no idea if this is why or not. I am sure that not all left handed people are as messy as she is. Her daddy is a lefty and he is quite neat, actually. Can you see the condition of her fork in this picture? There is sauce ALL OVER the handle. What did I tell you!!! :) And, if you think the fork is a mess....check out her hands!

My dad had warm washrags next to each place setting for tidying up our faces and hands after eating those messy things. I guess he has eaten them a few times in his life to know that we would need them.

The men stayed in the family room and watched the game. The two little ones played with the train set. The oldest girl was at a Jr. High Superbowl party with her youth group from church and us gals...my sissy and mama and myself sat at the computer and put more music on our blogs, cleaned up the kitchen and cracked up at the half time show with "The Boss." No football watching for us. After all...someone had to hose the kitchen table down after gnawing on all dem bones!!

No comments: