Friday, January 2, 2009

And then he was 10!






My nephew turned 10 years old today! It does not seem like ten years ago he came into our lives. Boy, did he make a grand entrance too! You see, he was born in a blizzard. I don't believe there has been that bad of one since either around here. My sister gave me the privilege of being in the room with she and her hubby when he came into this world. My sister went into labor on New Years eve. Just started. As new years day went on....things progressed more and more. When the snow began to really fly, we headed to the hospital, which was 40 minutes or so away from our house. It was difficult to get there, to say the least. As I recall, 16 inches of snow fell that night! He came in hardly no time at all when she began to push. I remember being so proud of her! She worked hard and quick to get him out. She knew how bad I wanted to see this little fella! I guess she wanted to see him pretty bad too. :)


So fast forward ten years. We had his birthday party tonight at my mom and dad's house. As tradition has it, the birthday person gets to pick the dinner. He chose a fish fry with all the fixings. YUM OH!! And for dessert, he picked homemade apple pie. Gotta love that kid!!!!









His auntie made him this cute Illini scarf for keeping the winter chills out. I think he liked it!





And his most favorite gift of all was this train set from Nana and Papa. Let's just say that his mama was a tad less than thrilled with this idea.....but hey.....this kid loves it....so being the good mama she is......he's keeping it. :)



So there you have it. A wonderful day with some of my most favorite people celebrating a darling nephews very special 10 year old birthday! Love you buddy, from your most favorite and wonderful Aunt. :)



No comments: