Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Summers First Bounty

I am really getting excited about our garden this year. Things are FINALLY able to be picked. That is the thing about gardens....you plant the seeds and little baby plants....then sit back and wait. I am not a patient person by nature. It is something I have to work on A LOT in my life. One would think I could not garden. Too much waiting. But, it has helped me to be patient this summer. Well, vegetables and my Cosmo's have taught me to wait. :) Here is a couple things we were able to pick the other evening.





Look at all those green beans!!!!! You probably can not tell how large that bowl really is....but she's a jumbo! There is probably 3 or 4 pounds of green beans in there. My grandma, who is 97 years old, loves to snap green beans. I have many memories of she and I setting at the kitchen table snapping beans. Then, I can remember the smell of bacon and onion as she was cooking them. OH MY LAND!!! Tomorrow, I am going to take my beans and go to the nursing home where she lives. I am going to walk in with those beans and tell her we have some work to do. I can not wait to see the look on her face when she sees them!! But what will really melt my heart is watching her snap beans again.

No comments: