Monday, March 14, 2011

Mom...I Need A Pie

So my Monday began like this.  A phone call from youngest daughter from school.  "Mom...today is pie day at school.  So I need a pie here by 10:30 if possible."  Ummmm......yeah.  She had told me earlier last week she needed one today but I forgot to write it down and she forgot to remind me.  She suggested going to the bakery on the way to school to pick one up.  How considerate of her.  But, I did have a pie crust in the fridge.....and brainstormed as to what I could fill it with.  I went with a Chocolate Chip Pie.  I thought 7th grade kiddos would like that hopefully.  It is cooling right now on my window sill.  The window is cracked even though it is under 40 degrees here at the moment.  Can't wait until we can open the windows and doors for real! 

Here is the recipe I used if you would like it.  It comes in very handy with the words..."Mom, I need a pie."

Chocolate Chip Pie I
 
recipe image
Rated: rating
Submitted By: Mirelle Dean
Photo By: littlemisschocolate
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Ready In: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Servings: 8
" This pie is very rich with a cup of butter, a cup of chocolate chips, a cup of sugar and a cup of chopped walnuts. And there 's a few other tasty ingredients. They all bake up famously into a delicious 9-inch pie."
Ingredients:
2 eggs
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust
pie
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Beat eggs until frothy, add sugars and vanilla.
3. Melt butter or margarine, and add to sugar and egg mixture.
4. Stir in flour until well blended.
5. Mix in walnuts and chocolate chips.
6. Pour into pie pan and bake for 1 hour. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2011 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 3/14/2011
Click here to find out more!

2 comments:

Sewn With Grace said...

I suggest not driving by my house on the way to deliver it to school or you might find it missing! :)

jen medeiros said...

Oh yummy....I am going to try this recipe! Love the story behind it:)