Thursday, March 17, 2011

Extra Noodles



No matter how hard I try, when I cook spaghetti for my family, I can not make the exact amount of noodles we can eat.  There is always extra and I hate to throw them out.  My mother has a pasta salad recipe that I love.  It is sweet and savory.  I take the extra noodles and what ever veggies I have on hand in the fridge and put them in my salad.  For this one I used cherry tomatoes, carrots, cucumber and green olives.  Sliced them up and added them to the noodles.  For the dressing I use equal parts of three things you probably have on hand all the time.  Canola oil, white sugar and Cider Vinegar.  The amounts of them I use depends on the amount of noodles I have left over.  For this small amount I used 1/8 cup of each of the three.  If I have a lot of noodles, I may use 1/2 cup each.  That part you have to play by ear.  These are the spices I use....

Parsley flakes, Nature's Seasons (love this stuff for lots of things!) and garlic powder.  Just a few shakes of each....no set amount.  Whisk together with your oil mixture until the sugar is dissolved and pour on top of noodle/veggie mixture.  Then chill.  Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy. 

I would love to hear what you do with your leftover noodles.  Please share! 

2 comments:

Kathy said...

My boys love to eat the noodles plain with Parmesan cheese. Your recipe looks so much better!

jen medeiros said...

I am going to try your recipe. I always have leftover noodles, too...so I am not much help.
Thank you for your sweet birthday comment for my son. I appreciate it and he liked it, too.
Much love
Jen