Monday, June 21, 2010
Today is the first day of Summer. Yippee!! :) It seems it has taken awhile for it to get here. It is my first summer in Michigan. I am looking forward to seeing how it differs from central Illinois. I hear the humidity is not as high. Time will tell. Here are some things we are looking forward to this Summer in no particular order. :)
1. Church Camp (kids and hubby are there now)
2. Celebrating 4th of July with my sissy and nephew and parents up here in Michigan.
3. Going to Kings Island Theme Park for roller coaster frenzy (we love to hang upside down!) and seeing a line up of FANTASTIC Christian musicians singing in one big concert. We will be meeting up with our dear friends and spending time with them. This will be the best part....even better than hanging upside down. :)
4. Going to the zoo to see the baby giraffes.
5. Drinking lots of strawberry lemonade on the deck.
6. Going to the farmers market on Saturday mornings and buying lots of fresh produce and canning some to put up for the winter so we can enjoy it when the snow is flying once again.
7. Making homemade Popsicles and eating them on the deck.
8. Watching my freshman daughter learn how to drive an automobile!!!!!
9. Hoping that friends and family from back home will come up and visit us!! (Hint Hint Hint!)
10. Grilling out on the deck with our fantastic neighbors....relaxing with good conversation and great food.
11. Enjoying the slower schedule of the summer. RELAX!!! :)
What are you looking forward to this summer?