Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hello there

Well, I have been missing from this ole blog for awhile.  Things have been going very fast lately in my life.  It appears I got older since the last time I was on here.  My youngest daughter also got a year older.  We have been a partying kind of family this past weekend....now it is back to reality for me.  Bleck!!!  I had a wonderful birthday this year.  My hubby and girls made sure my special day was nice up here.  They even bought me a cake from a yummy bakery and had my name piped on it with a candle for me.  I got several nice gifts and they sang the birthday song to me.  :)

We went home to Illinois this weekend to see our family and friends.  There was more parties for Taylor and I.  We got to see several people that we love and miss and go to our old church.  It was so nice seeing people back home.  There is never enough time to see everyone we would like to or spend as much time as we would like with people.  And that is hard.  I try to please everyone...but I know I can not.

Our landscapers finally came!  I am so excited to get that started.  I was having serious plant/flower envy with homes around here.  I had not one single flower bed to my name yet and it was upsetting to me.  I love flowers and I was ready to get them in the ground.  Hopefully by the end of the week I will have something pretty to show you.  

Tonight we have the girls last choir concerts for the school year.  Shelby, my oldest, has a solo to sing tonight.  That girl has some good lungs when it comes to singing.  Wish I could say she got that from me....but that would sooo be a lie!  School will be out here on Friday.   The transition with that is always hard for my girls.  I will be working several hours during the week and they will have to find things to do here without killing each other.  Well, you know what I mean.  Not really killing...but maybe inflicting pain on each other when things don't go their way.  Anybody understand what I am talking about???    It always takes a couple weeks to get our new schedules in place.

Anyway, I am off to work.  I made these cookies this morning after I got back from the store for my co-workers.  They are a sweet BIG bunch of girls that are being very kind to me...the new girl. 

Hope you have a good day....whatever you are doing.  :)

1 comment:

Deb said...

Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like you had a great time. Those cookies look really good. My girls always had trouble getting into the groove when school was out too.