Friday, June 25, 2010

It's been a good good day

Happy Friday to you!  I have had an excellent day today!  I got these three magazines in the mail.  My favorites!!  Isn't it funny that they all three have the same colors on them this month?  I can not wait to sit down with these and a cup of coffee and read them this afternoon. 


My friend Kathy and I went to a Barn Sale today.  I found out about the sale on another woman's blog that I recently found and love.  I even had the pleasure of meeting her!  She was just as sweet in person as she is on her blog. 



Here are a couple things I got at her sale.  This pillow is just darling!  I love the colors and pom pom trim.  And the little embroidery piece on the top is so well done.  I just love it!



This is a BIG enamelware tub.  I thought about putting flowers in it.  But then I thought about using it on the 4th of July when my family comes to visit as a ice bucket for yummy drinks.  The possibilities are endless with these things.

I went out on my deck this morning and discovered that my Dalia's had bloomed.  Aren't the colors just so fun together?  Orange and purple and white and yellow.  These were also some that my sweet neighbor Stephanie brought over for me.  I just love them!

And, after the barn sale, Kathy and I went to a quilt store and signed up for a Mystery Quilt class next month.  Doesn't that sound interesting.  It seems we get to choose our fabric and the teacher of the class gives us very little information prior to the class because it is a mystery what we will be making.  Fun!  The best part is that I will be taught some new things by some very talented gals who work at the shop.  Needless to say, I am very excited.

So, that is it for my little day. It was a good good day.  Hope yours was as well.  :)

2 comments:

Sewn With Grace said...

So excited to meet you today! I'm so glad you love the pillow I made. It was a busy but fun day. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Unknown said...

Did you buy me that extra cute Christmas wreath hanging on a door at the barn sale???? Wish I could have gone with you!