Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lovin From the Oven

Tonight I wanted to make something yummy and homemade for my family. I thought Chicken Pot Pies sounded good. I bought these little ramekin dishes awhile back but have not used them yet....so tonight was the night! This first picture is the dishes filled with the meat mixture before the topping went on. You should of been here to smell my house. Oh my land!!!!

This is the little babies ready to go into the oven to be baked.

And lastly, here is mine ready for me to dive into her. They were hot little boogers so you have to be careful not to get burnt. My youngest daughter loved them. My 13 year old daughter said and I quote...."I am not going to eat that." My new motto is and I quote....."help yourself to a peanut butter sandwich my darling!" So, she did. While the rest of us (my sissy came over to have one) gobbled them up. We had cottage cheese and applesauce with them. That is tradition with my family. We did that when we were little girls. My daddy probably started that one. And, we had a little loaf of Amish oatmeal bread I bought today at our little Amish store. We put their apple butter on the bread. YUMMO!!

Here is the recipe if you are interested. I tweaked it a little from the original. I kind of do that sometimes. :)

Chicken Pot Pie

4 cooked and diced up chicken breasts

1 1/2 cups chicken broth

1 can cream of celery soup

1 can of cream of chicken soup

1 - 16 oz package of frozen veggies (peas, corn, green beans and carrots)

1 onion diced

1 stick melted butter

3 potatoes boiled and diced up

Saute the chopped onion and butter in a small saute pan until onion is soft.

Add all these ingredients together in a large bowl and mix together well.

Topping:

1 1/4 cups Bisquick

1 stick butter melted

1 cup milk

Mix together and pour over chicken mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for appx one hour or until golden brown. Since I put this in little ramekin dishes, it only took about 35 minutes for them to get nice and brown.

Enjoy!!

No comments: