Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Grandpa and his Princess


Our church had a Father/Daughter Ball last night. My husband has a job where he travels a lot. One week Canada, the next week Dallas, the next week Michigan. And so on and so on and so on. He has been waiting our daughters entire lives to take them to a Father/Daughter dance. Well, we finally had one and he had to be out of town for work and he could not take them. The 13 year old daughter went on her Jr High retreat this weekend so she could not go...but the 10 year old daughter wanted to go so badly. Well, Papa stepped in and took his little Princess to the ball in place of daddy. He brought her a little corsage with tiny little pale pink carnation flowers.


I bought her a little dress and sweater to wear on this special night. And, new shoes. We curled her hair and I even put a little blush and eye shadow on her because the night was so special. She really did look like a princess, don't you think?

Here are the two of them posing for a few pictures before the dance. Doesn't my daddy look handsome? He looked so proud to be taking her and she was sooo excited to be going.

Unfortunately the night ended short due to her tummy hurting. So, they came home. That was such a shame and she was so disappointed about it. But, the time that they did spend together was a memory that I know they both will have for a lifetime. And, I am so proud of my daddy and his stepping up to take a little girl to her first ball. He has always been my prince charming....I guess he is now my daughters too!

No comments: