Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkin Hoarder

Awhile ago, my sister told a girlfriend and I about a pumpkin shortage.  The initial report was that there was not going to be any pumpkin this season due to the bad weather and poor crop of pumpkins for the last two growing seasons.  With that in mind, I set out to find a can so I could make a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving.  Because my hubby says that there HAS to be pumpkin pie for dinner.  Here we are a couple weeks later.  This is my "stash."  Um...I think I am good for pie this year.  (Now Meijer, Walmart and any other place has pumpkin.  Shortage is over.)

This pumpkin hoarding got me thinking.  Remember when Y2k came around?  People were stocking up on bottles of water and food and taking money out of the bank because the banking system was supposed to fail when the clock rolled around to 12:00 a.m. on 1/1/00.  I remember some people in my life who were gathering supplies "just in case."  As a Christian, I am reminded of a verse.  God does not want me fretting about pumpkin or anything for that matter.  He has it all under control.  Oh how thankful I am for that promise.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.   Philippians 4:6

No comments: