Sunday, February 7, 2010

Grandma Mac Jr.


Hi. My name is Shann (pronounced Shawn) and I am a magazine addict. (Lori, I can hear you saying "Amen" right about now. ) I just love them. I have slowly been getting rid of them. I hate it though. I don't know why I love them so. I did pitch a bunch when we moved. Moving will make you throw away things. I did hang onto a few hundred dozen that I wanted to do something with. Those lovely pictures..... How could I save those pictures that caught my heart but not save the entire magazine? Then, I came across this idea. Buy binders and binder covers and tear out the pages you want to keep and throw the rest away. Genius idea!! I bought the items I would need a long time ago. And for what ever reason, yesterday seemed like the perfect day to begin. I grabbed a pile of magazines....




A pair of scissors.....




a cute fuzzy kitty.....


a fluffy old girl..... and began to cut and tear and rip and cut. It actually felt pretty good to be organizing my addiction passion. Here are some pictures from my new book!

I love this idea with pictures on a banner of people we love and the idea of making a pillow from felted wool sweaters and knitted flowers is lovely....






And, this rose tree in this sweet galvanized bucket would look ever so beautiful on my deck this summer....



And, this yummy macaroni dish is making me very hungry right now....

And this is how my scrapbooking daughter helped me decorate the outside of the binder. With adorable American Girl paper from her personal stash. If you click on the picture to make it bigger you can see how cute the paper really is.





I told you before that my Grandma Mac was the first "Martha." She used to make homemade scrap books of ideas that she liked. My dad has some of them and my sister and I love to look thru them. I think my Grandma would be tickled to see me, once again, taking after her. She was a lovely lovely woman and I am proud to be so much like her. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Go Tee-Tee....Nanny wants some of that paper. :) I have started the same thing, but you are more organized than I because my pages still sit in a pile, on the floor, not in a cute little binder. Oh well, another project for when I am retired.

Miss you Grandma Mac Jr(ette)

Barb said...

I do this same thing. I have about five of these binders going (kitchens, bedrooms + bathrooms, living areas, exteriors, holidays, vignettes...) They're my very own tailor-made magazines.