Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bossy Younger Sisters


My younger sister told me she was making this salsa for their Super Bowl party on Sunday. She already has a salsa recipe that I adore. It is sweet and that is the kind of salsa I like. I am a big wimp when it comes to spicy foods. So, when I read the recipe, I was a little scared because it called for one of these......


Yeah. Hot little green pepper. I don't like these little boogers. At all. This is where the bossy younger sister comes in. She was on the cell phone with me while I was shopping for ingredients at Meijer. I told her I was just going to omit the jalapeno pepper because I don't like them. She said, and I quote, "Oh no your not! You are going to buy it and put it in there. You can do it. Don't be a wimp."

How do you like that? What ever happened to respecting your elders?? Hum? So, as you can see from the above picture, one of those hot little things ended up in my cart and eventually in my salsa.





Here we are. All ingredients in the blender ready to roll.



And finally, the finished recipe with yummy tortilla chips. And, I must confess....I only used about 1/4 of the pepper and NONE of the seeds in this recipe. It is a bit spicy, but not to bad. Even for me. But shhhh....don't tell her! (Wink)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WIMP!

Bossy younger sister