Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mary Sweet Mary

Every year for Christmas, I ask for my most favorite artists calendar. Mary Engelbreit is her name. Do you know her? She is lovely. Any way, I have her daily tear off calendar on my desk. I look forward to her artwork every day. I keep these little pieces of art because they are so cute, I simply can not throw them away! I have used them for lots of things. I have made cards with them and even decoupaged my mail box with them. My sister has the calendar as well on her desk. She will sometimes email me with a comment about the picture of the day. There was a picture the other morning that reminded me of myself and my girls. My sister said the same thing. So today, an idea came to me and I gathered my supplies to use it for a sweet project for myself.





Glue pen and glitter....
Inexpensive frame from Walmart.......


I placed the glue where I wanted the glitter to stick to and then sprinkled on the glitter...well poured would be a better description. Whoopsie!


And here we have the finished project. I used a piece of scrapbook paper from my daughters stuff and her cute wavy scissors. If you can not read the words it says "My Mother, A Lady, Both Lovely and Bright." Sir Walter Scott.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love Mary E too!