Friday, January 1, 2010

Unwelcome Surprise

Last night for New Years Eve, we took the kids to see the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. It was pretty cute. We went to Culver's afterwards for dinner then to the movie store for a movie then home. When I opened the door to the house, I thought...burr! It is cold in here. Must turn up the heat! Upon looking at the thermostat, I knew something was not right. It was dead! No lights, no numbers, no nothing. I always hate breaking that kind of news to my husband. Does anyone else feel that way?

So, we called the emergency number on the furnace...after all the thing is only a couple months old....and left our name and number with the answering service for someone to call us back. The woman on the other end of the line said someone would in a few minutes. Well....let's get this story over quickly....after 16 hours of no heat, six phone calls to the answering service and our home getting down to a chilly 47 degrees INSIDE...we finally got it fixed around noon today. Lovely way to ring out the old year and in the new. HA!

I took this picture this morning of Sophie. I had made her a little "nest" with her fleece bed and warm quilt with little space heater next to her. She also had her sock monkey for support. :)

No comments: