Sunday, January 24, 2010

Good idea Sophie

My heart is heavy right now. I have a few people in my life that have not turned out to be the people I thought they were. And that is hard for me. They have hurt me. I know that I need to forgive but that is a hard one for me. I will, in time, forgive because it is what I need to do for me...not for them. But it still hurts my heart.

I went back home to Illinois this weekend for an emergency trip. My sweet grandma fell out of her wheel chair at the nursing home and hurt herself very very badly. Her beautiful face was bruised beyond recognition really. She has hundreds of sutures in her face, arm and even her fragile fingers. She is now alert and doing better, but she told me when I saw her that she would not be here much longer. She is going to turn 98 this weekend. She told my sister and I that she would like to skip the cake and just have strawberry ice-cream. I have not unpacked my ice-cream maker yet....so I have to search for it so I can make it for her. She deserves it!!

Another burden on my heart is a dear friend of mine found out a few weeks ago that she has breast cancer. They caught it early so we are very thankful for that!! She is having surgery tomorrow to remove the lump. After she heals, she will begin her radiation therapy. How I wish she did not have to face this trial in her life!!! If you are reading this, would you please pray for my sweet friend?

I think, for awhile, I will do what my sweet pup is doing. Climb into my comfy warm bed, pull the soft blankets over my head and hide from the world. While praying to my Savior for all these things.

Psalms 68:19
"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens."

No comments: