Sunday, October 19, 2008

Where I spend some of my days....



This is the room where I spend some of my days. Hope none of you have a fear of the dentist! :) My chair is the little one on the left. I work for an awesome dentist. He does excellent quality dental work. I have been a dental assistant for 21 years. I am very happy with what I do. The pay is nothing to write home about, monetarily, but the fringe benefits are out of this world. For instance, I have meet over the last 21 years some people who I adore. I see their names on the schedule for the day and I am so excited to see them again and get caught up with things in their lives. I have attended funerals of patients because they have become friends of mine over the years. These patients we see become like family to us. Some we joke and kid with like there is no tomorrow! :)

Probably the biggest fringe benefit of working where I do is my co-workers. They are all soooo wonderful! Each one is different from the other. We have three ladies at the office who have successfully raised all their children. They are all wonderful adults now too! The three of us who still have children at home listen to every word they tell us about raising kids. They are so full of wisdom and knowledge about things we are and will be experiencing in our lives to come. One lady has taught us to "pick our battles." That is a good one! Another one has shown me a mothers unconditional and sacrificial love in a mighty way. Another one has taught me to hold on when times get tough and yet still have fun when the tough times come. And that they do get better. There is a lot of wisdom in this dental office. And it is not all about teeth! (Although there is a lot of dental knowledge there as well!)

So, I am very blessed to be a dental assistant. I get to work along side a man who is very gifted in what he does (he is also a Christian and treats his staff with respect and kindness and gentleness), I get to visit with some of the most amazing patients in the whole entire world, and I get to work with women that I can not only call co-workers but friends as well! Yup! I sure do look forward to my days at work in this little room.

No comments: