Monday, October 13, 2008

A Bunting We Will Go....




Well, I have been a crafty one these past few days! Bringing out those sewing genes! Yeah!!! :)

I have made a birthday present for my sister (but she reads my blog so I can not show you as of now.) I also made a Christmas present for my youngest daughter (but it is similar to my sisters birthday gift so I can not show you that either!) I made a curtain for my nephews "fort" that is under his loft bed. I already gave it to my sister to hang up for him to surprise him when he gets home from his weekend at his daddy's so I can't show you those either! So what the heck can I show you?!?!?!?! Baby buntings!! I made these too cute fall colored flag buntings for myself, my sister and a friend of mine. Mine is hanging on that piece of wood I showed you the other day above my kitchen sink. This one is just here for display to show you. :) It will be going to my sisters house to live shortly. My friend that I mentioned, her husband is battling prostate cancer. He had surgery a couple weeks ago, but the threat of the cancer spreading someplace else in his body is still there. If you believe in prayer, please pray for him that it does not spread. Not sure when the threat will be gone...but oh how I am praying that this sweet couple does not have to face any more of that awful "c word."

So, I have been sewing and sewing and sewing. Not big stuff...just little projects for people I love. What have you been making? :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh and I love my little bunting. I hung it proudly in my family room for all to see.

The little Sis

big O said...

What am I doing today? I am baking a cherry crisp for your Dad when he comes in from farming. You know his sweet tooth.You are getting to be a great little seamtress. A true granddaughter of your grandma Mac. She would be proud.