Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lots-Oh-Snow

 Well, this was my morning today.  I was chanting....Must Get Rid of Snow....Must Get Rid of Snow......  Pictures just don't really show what my driveway and yard looked like this morning.  The girls and I were on our own for this blizzard.  Daddy is traveling for work and was not here for all the fun.    We walked outside and the snow just overwhelmed me for a moment.  I kind of wanted to cry actually.  But, I had a little chat with myself.  I was quickly reminded of the quote..."How do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time."  That is exactly what I had before me....an elephant!
 This was right outside my door.  A wee bit of snow.

 The snow plow tried to come down our street but got stuck!  It is never a good thing when the plow gets stuck in your road!  He was spinning sideways and his wheels were smoking trying to get unstuck. 
 
 Here is all our hard work.  I was singing...."I fought the snow and I won!!" 
Darling daughter and mama after all our hard work with our rosy cheeks when we were finished.  Phew....I need some coffee and a back rub. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you two!! Who needs a man when you can fight the elephant on your own. Go girls go!

trish said...

My goodness that is a lot of snow!!
Oh I hope you all get a break from it, let it all melt and take steps towards spring! :o)
Global warming huh?! :o)
I just don't see it!
Have a lovely day!
Please be extra safe and warm.
Sincerely, Trish

Big O said...

Wow we got home just in time from our visit!!!I put your picture on myn facebook to share with my friends. They all comentet you can keep your snow globe up in Michigan. Night Shann Girl. Luv You