Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Family Silliness

My parents came to see us over the weekend.  We had such a nice time together!  Making memories is so much fun, isn't it?  We had some fun playing games together.  Both of these were found at Target.  Both were a lot of fun.

 



 These are my mothers hands shuffling the cards.  I have seen her do this my whole life.  She would play cards with her mother all the time.  My parents also had card club at their house and they played Pinochle with their friends.  I always loved it when my parents entertained.  My mom was the best entertainer!  She would make all these "fancy foods" for her guests.  Like little rye breads with yummy spreads on them.  And mixed party nuts and little candies in pretty glass dishes.  To a child, this was exciting!!  I remember falling asleep in my bed listening to my parents laugh and having fun with their friends downstairs.  It is a good memory for me.


My daughter and I loving on our old doggie.




And, by the end of the evening....some of us were acting out the cards that we had........

See what I mean?

1 comment:

trish said...

What a great time! :o)
When our children were born, I could hardly wait until they were old enough to play games. :o) Isn't it fun?? I love the conversations that come up.
I could hardly believe when I saw the game Farkle! That is a nick name of my son's from my daughter! I have to get that game! :o)
We have the same M.E. calendar hanging in our homes. :o) It was a Christmas present from my sweet husband. :o)
I hope you are keeping warm and safe.
No bad dreams last night!! Yay!!
Thank you for you kind words and prayers. I pray on a regular basis and read my bible all the time, but never took the time to pray for me, in this matter. :o) So glad I did.
Have a lovely day.
Sincerely, Trish