Monday, September 1, 2008

My Handsome Boy




Meet Simon Peter. He is my baby boy. This is the first cat I have ever had as an adult. My parents had cats when we were growing up but I don't remember having much to do with them. I guess they were probably more my sisters pets than mine. I have had a dog (Shih Tzu's) since I was 16 years old. We have one now. I always thought I was a dog person. That was until Simon came into my life.

My daughter has always loved "kitties." She started asking for one when she was two years old. My boss had a Seal Point Himalayan. Their family called their cat "the old man." When my daughter saw their cat, she wanted one just like theirs. When Santa came to the mall, my two year old baby daughter climbed up on his lap. When Santa asked her what she wanted for Christmas...you guessed it....she asked Santa for An Old Man! I about died!!! Santa looked at me very odd...as you can imagine. I had to quickly tell Santa that she meant a cat. I am not sure if he believed me or not. Oh well....

So, the following May, Simon came into our lives and he changed my heart about cats. He has serious attitude, as you can see in the pictures. He wants loved when he wants loved. He wants to be left alone when he wants to be left alone. He loves to have his bum scratched. He has O.C.D. with the water faucet. He loves to stand on my chest at 4:30 ish in the morning to tell me hello and to get up. He likes to get into my husbands linen closet in his bathroom and hide. He likes to lick photographs (that one is weird!) He is an amazing creature! I can not imagine my house without a kitty in it ever again. I have crossed over to the other side.....I am a cat person.....and I love it! :)

No comments: