Monday, September 1, 2008

Merry Mary Bargins




My sister and I went shopping last Saturday. We rarely get to do it. She is a very busy mama and I am too. She works full time and I work part time...most of the time. When her little man is at his daddy's house for the weekend, sometimes we get to hang out together. Saturday was one of those lovely days. We went to the closest "big city" around us. We went to Hobby Lobby and Michaels (since we are both crafters.) I LOVE MARY ENGELBREIT with a passion! Her work just makes me so darn happy! I actually have her artwork, in some way, in every room of my house and I mean every room in my house. She used to have a store in St. Louis but it has closed. I seriously cried when I heard that. Seriously. Now in her cute store with the black and white checkered floor, I am sorry to report, is another sports store with hats and jerseys in it's place. Now the cute checkered floor looks like a Nascar flag. UGH!!!!!

Around here, I can still get some of my "Mary stuff" at Michaels. Saturday, we saw the cute flag of hers there. It has a cute bunny and a white picket fence and tomato plants just like my yard. I loved it! It was marked $10.99. We asked the cashier where they were. She said they were in the clearance isle for 90% off! I merrily skipped over to that section and there were none to be found! The cashier said she would get the display down for me and I paid the all time low low price of $1.09 for this little bit of Mary loveliness! SCORE!! I had to remind my sister all the way home about how good of a deal I got on it. She just laughed at me. :)

The other picture is the cute jars and stickers I bought. The kitchen stickers are just like me...pink and turquoise...vintage cuteness...baking stuff so I just HAD to have them. My sister showed me the cute glass jars and so we are going to do something fun with them. I can not wait. I am sure my husband will love more pink coming into the house. Poor fella. :)

No comments: