Monday, September 1, 2008

Friends...





My friends are wonderful. I don't know how to live my life without them. They lift me up, they make me laugh until I almost pee my pants, they listen to me, they support me in my trials...they are lovely. I am very blessed to have several good friends in my life. Each one is unique. One friend has been with me for a looooong time. She and I were best buds in high school. We did some things that we have sworn NEVER to tell each others kids. :) Another friend is VERY special because she introduced me to Jesus. My life has never been the same. Another friend is 13 years older than me. She is like my older sister I don't have. She has been in my life since I was a small child. Isn't that funny? :) Another friend I met in a parking lot at the dental complex where we both worked for different doctors. She had a round belly with her daughter in it and I also had a round belly with my daughter in mine. We started talking and the rest is history. That was 13 years ago. Oh how thankful I am for these women.

Several years ago I was hearing from each of them that their husbands just did not "get it" when it came to birthday's, anniversaries and Christmas. They were never made to feel special on their special days. I knew that I could do something about their birthday's. So, the Birthday Club was born. Each year, we get together (usually at my place because I LOVE to do it) and we celebrate each friends special day. Yesterday was my friend Lori's birthday. The pictures show what I did for her. We had Creamy Rosemary Penne with Chicken, Herb Green Beans, Taffy Apple Salad, Homemade Rolls (my baby sissy brought because she is in the club too!) and a yummy spinach salad with homemade dressing my sister also brought. Another friend brought the pie and let me tell you....it was sooo rich! Sugar Coma's for everyone!!! HA! Millionaire Pie she called it. We had iced tea to drink with lunch and coffee with the pie. The pictures show how I decorated the table. It turned out pretty. Do you see the little dresses? I made those for each of the gals along with a little chocolate for their party favors. Some said they were going to use them as ornaments on their Christmas trees. They were made out of felt. Very vintage looking, I think. (See, I am trying to sew and get those sewing genes going!)

It was an afternoon of friends, fun, talking, laughing, talking, laughing, eating, laughing....you get the picture. Us ladies need that, don't we? Anyway, I am so blessed and thankful for my friends. I pray that I am a blessing to them just as each of them have blessed my life so richly.

No comments: