Monday, August 8, 2011

Cherry Jammin

 Since it is fruit season in Michigan, I have been having so much fun making jams with them.  My sweet neighbor gave me some tart beautiful cherries, and they were already pitted for me!!  How nice was that???  I already had two quarts frozen so that gave me a total of five.  I knew I wanted to make jam with them and also a cobbler if I had any left over.
 I followed the directions exactly.  My mama taught me to never take short cuts when canning.  Do exactly what the recipe calls for.  Very important because you don't want your batch to flop.  When I took these jars out of the water bath, they looked runny and thin to me.  So I did what anyone would do........I panicked!!  And, promptly called my mother.  She told me to leave them alone and they would set up.  Lets just say.... I tried my hardest to do that.  But, each time I walked by those beautiful jars I would ever-so-gently touch them and say a little prayer that they would set up for me.
And they did.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I take that too. On my way.

trish said...

Oh yummy! :o) Your cherry jam looks delicious. I made a small batch of crabapple jelly yesterday, and linked back to your post. ;o) It seems we share the same anticipation for the setting to occur. :o) I can't wait for more crabapples to fall. A sure sign that they are ready for jelly. :o)
Have a lovely day.
Sincerely, Trish
ps. Your jars are precious. :o)