Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Strawberry Kind of Day

Today is bible study day.  I got asked to make the treats for our morning study.  These ladies don't know me well enough yet to know that I love to make goodies for people and bring things.  I love to cook and bake.  I have a million (well, not really a million...but close!) recipes for muffins and breakfast foods.  The problem for me is which one to pick for the ladies!  I decided on Yummy Strawberry Muffins.


I have this little recipe holder in my kitchen that sits on my counter.  Isn't she darling?  A little gray elephant with a baby blue bow in her hair. 


The batter all mixed up with the fresh strawberries cut up inside.  If you sniff hard...maybe you can smell the strawberries.  Can you?  :)


Pink cupcake liners because pink is the best color in the whole wide world...according to me.  :)






The finished product.  I sampled one just to make sure it was worthy of making a trip to bible study this morning....yup!  It is.  :)





Now, who wants to come help me with the dishes?  :)



Here is the recipe if you are interested.  Enjoy!



Yummy Strawberry Muffins

1 cup vanilla yogurt
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3 TBSP oil
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 TBSP baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups fresh chopped strawberries




Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.  Mix the yogurt, egg, vanilla and oil together.  Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until mixed but do not over mix.  Gently fold in the strawberries.

Evenly spoon into muffin tin and sprinkle the tops of muffins with sugar before putting into the oven.

Bake @ 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes until golden brown on top.  Makes about 18 muffins.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Yummy! I'm sure the ladies will love them. I think I'll have to try these.

Deb said...

Those muffins look devine! I am definitely going to make these.

Stephanie said...

I think I need to try this recipe when my in-laws are in town!