Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sewing Afternoon

Due to our home being on the market...we kind of "purged" items from our house and placed them in a storage unit until we move. A trick from HGTV..make your home look less cluttered and more spacious. One of the things we put into storage was my little sewing table. I did keep my sewing machine at the house. I have been so busy lately I have not had time to do something for myself. Like sew. I find that when I do say I am going to play with my hobby...something always gets in the way. Someone else needs me for something or something more important takes it's place. Well, yesterday I did not let anything get in the place of me having some time to do something I wanted to do. Sew. I found this little tutorial on these girls blog and just had to make some since I am a huge Disney fan and have several friends that also love Disney and I wanted to make one for them.


All my supplies gathered and ready to begin. The Diet Coke was for strength. :)
I used to never iron...thought it was an extra step. Then I found out how wrong I was. You HAVE to iron seams when quilting. Some day I will have an ironing board up all the time in my "sewing studio" (I am really dreaming here) and I won't have to drag it out every time I make a project.

My make-shift sewing table in the living room. I had to move the church pew down to get to the outlet to plug in my machine. Bring in a kitchen chair. Bring in that BIG table from the garage and set it up. Lots of work.


Strips all cut out and ready to be put together. I wanted to go with fun colors. I think they are rather cute.



My little helper that comes to my side every single time I begin to sew. Cracks me up...until he starts to chew on the thread.




This is why I wanted to sew in the living room. I could of just sat at the kitchen table, it would of been a lot less work...but I really wanted to watch this movie since it was "my afternoon." :)



Isn't she just the cutest thing?


And here is my finished project. Minnie Mouse pot holders. I love them! I hope the people I made them for are as pleased as I am with them. I know it will put a smile on their face. And, I have a smile on my face! I got to spend some time doing what I enjoy doing. It was a lovely afternoon.


No comments: