Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lazy Day Cookin'


It is going to rain here in my little town today. I just checked the forecast and it is green green green. Which will be lovely for the grass seed that got planted this week in my yard. Oh! I have not told you that my screened in porch project that began on July 1st is FINALLY complete!! Hurrah!!!! And the ironic thing of it all is that now we are moving and someone else will be enjoying my little porch. They will never know all the frustration and teeth grinding I went through doing that project. Oh well.


Anyway, since it feels so much like fall today I decided to put something in "The Pot" as my nephew calls it. The crock pot that is. I picked up this cookbook last year at Barnes and Noble in their cheap book section. It is filled with great recipes. Today I decided to make Beef Stew. Here is the recipe if you want to try it. It is really good!
Beef Stew
2 pounds stew meat (browned in a skillet)
5 carrots sliced
1/2 onion diced
3 ribs celery diced
5 potatoes cubed
28 oz can tomatoes
1/2 cup quick cooking tapioca
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours or high for 5-6 hours.
That is it! Easy and very yummy! Here it is cooking right now as I type and it smells fantastic to.


I am going to make some cookies today as well. Smore cookies. Sounds good, doesn't it? I will let you know how they turn out. If they are good, I will share the recipe with you. I also have plans to do some sewing today as well. Since we have been so busy showing our house lately, I have not made time to do something fun. Sweeping and cleaning my bathrooms is certainly NOT fun! I will show you what I am making after I finish them. It is going to be soooo cute if I can figure out the pattern. :)




The rain is coming down watering the grass seed (thanks God) and I am listening to Swing Kings on the Satellite. Good smells coming from The Pot and cookies getting ready to bake. Looks like this is going to be a pretty good day! Hope yours is to. :)

No comments: