Friday, October 2, 2009

Give me Smore'!

I promised you yesterday that if the Smore cookies were good I would share the recipe with you. O. MY. LAND. are these cookies ever good! If you are a fan of Smores...then you need to run..not walk..to your pantry and get out the ingredients and make yourself up a batch.


I mean really...how can a recipe not be good with chocolate and marshmallows I ask?

Mini chocolate chips in all their glory.

On the cookie sheet ready to go back in oven to toast the marshmallows and chocolate chunks. Yes...that's right....mini chocolate chips AND chopped Hershey candy bars....be still my little ole heart.


And here is the final results! Can you see how lightly toasted the mini marshmallows are? What a hoot!
Here is the recipe. I can not remember where I got this recipe. But man am I ever thankful that I did get it. Don't say I didn't warn you. :)
S'mores Cookies

2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups miniature chocolate chips
3/4 cup mini marshmallows
2 Hershey bars, chopped
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium bowl combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt. Whisk together. In a separate larger bowl beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.Bake for 8 minutes, and remove from the oven. Push 3 to 4 marshmallows and a few pieces of Hershey bar into each cookies. Return to the oven and bake an additional 3-4 minutes until fully cooked. Cool cookies on a wire rack.Makes approximately 4 dozen cookies.

2 comments:

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

"o my land"... i wish i could reach out and grab one of those!

we loves smores... the girlies would have fun making these too... thanks for the yummy tip!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

oh... forgot before i posted that... how is the house selling... move... coming along?

thought about you the other night... just how so many of us are in the same boat! we CAN do it!