Sunday, September 6, 2009

Change is a coming....

My husband and I took a little trip this past week. We drove up to Michigan for two days. This was not a vacation get away for us. Instead it was a "where do we want to move to Michigan trip." You see, my husband was offered a new job. He is very very excited about this promotion....I am too. He has been waiting years to be offered something like this. But, with this fantastic opportunity comes something that makes my heart sad. We have to re-locate inside his territory. Hence....Michigan.

I had never been to Michigan before this weekend. It is beautiful! We only had a couple days to check out an area that we were thinking about moving. We also looked at several houses and found one we really liked. It will have plenty of room for the guests we will be having after we move. I loved our drive we took to the beach. I swear we were at the ocean instead of the lake!

See what I mean? How beautiful is that!


I had to take my sandals off and put my toes in the sand. My left over suntan from this summer...hee hee.

We saw a couple light houses. Lots of boats. Lots of beautiful trees. Some were even beginning to change colors. I can not wait to drive up sometime in October. I am sure the beauty and the colors will take my breath away.



We stopped at the Cabela's store on the way home. Hubby needed to look at things he liked since I drug him through some cute little gift shops when we stopped in South Haven. It was the least I could do for him. :)



But you see, even though we had a really nice time together.....the trip was bitter sweet. How can I begin to pack up and move my life to another state? I have a wonderful, full, sweet life here in Illinois. I have 42 years of my roots growing long and deep in this place. I know that God has been preparing me for this for a few years now....to move. So, I will go. I have no idea what plans He has in store for my children, my husband or myself up there. I am excited and scared to death all at the same time. Is that possible????? We will be 4 hours and 19 minutes away from our hometown. Not bad.
I mentioned a couple of posts back that my little life was out of control at the moment. This is why. We are in the process of packing up our house and sprucing it up to sell. The stress level is high around here right now. I know that things will get better but it is going to take awhile. So, I am pulling up my boot straps (speaking of boots...I don't even own a pair and I am moving to a place with an average of 80 inches of snow a year....YIKES) and getting ready to begin a new chapter in my life. I do hope you ride along with me.

1 comment:

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

you are moving to MICHIGAN! OMGoodness! can i be jealous? that is such an amazing place! SOOOOOO pretty! so many neat places to visit!

i am so happy let me know you came by my site! i sure hope i didn't "put a damper" on things! :)
of all places... Michigan... wonderful!
and still REALLY close to home!
don't be scared... like you said... HE has good plans! HE does!

i am happy for you! the new job for your hubby... the new experience! i just wish WE were moving to Michigan! :)

God bless you! i pray your transition is filled with peace & comfort AND fun!

xo
brown eyed fox