Sunday, November 23, 2008

Walkin In A Glitter Wonderland

Lookie what my sissy and I made together in Santa's workshop! I went from fabric to glitter. And boy, was it fun! We started on Saturday at my sisters house. We had to stop in the afternoon to take the wee ones to see Bolt at the movies. (Good movie by the way!) We finished them up this afternoon at my house and here they are. I have seen these different places and they have always been so stinking expensive. I, as usual, would say...."I could make these." And then, forget about it. Well, not this time! I was meandering down the isle at Hobby Lobby one day and saw these really cute paper mache' cottage houses in the Christmas section. I bought them at 40% off, which they were super cheap already. I told my sister about them and she had bought one already herself. So, we carved time out of our busy lives (cuz that is what us women have to do) and made them for ourselves this weekend while the daddy's were deer hunting. :)



I made two. This one is the smaller one. We thought they needed a little something extra besides the trees, so my sister has been working with paper mache' lately and I asked her to whip up some snow ladies for our glitter houses and she did. Look at these sweet faces we painted on them! And, check out their lovely scarves! Oh....the sweetness!!!!







This is the second one I made. Pink. My FAVORITE!!!! I added some little Christmas lights on the rooftop for some extra fun. Then I began to play with this snow stuff she had in a small jar. That was a lot of fun too! Another snow lady for this one too! And a white picket fence for more cuteness! Really...how much sweetness can one person take! HA! Several times while making these, we actually squeeled with joy. Seriously.And, last but not least, this is the beauty that my sissy made. Hers is kind of like a shaker style house. She does not have a front door on hers. That is because she has an "open door policy" at her place. Come on in when-ever you like. ;) She used some of the lights I used but made them into lights on her tree. How sweet is that???!!!???




So, as you can see, we were quite busy this weekend at our houses....making little houses to make us smile and welcome in this wonderful holiday season. Now where did I put that glue gun..........


No comments: