Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Bring on the turkey!








Pumpkin pie made. Check. Cute message on the chalk board for everyone tomorrow. Check. Turkey waiting patiently in the fridge to be roasted to a lovely brown perfection. Check. Little rubber duckie/turkey for kids table decoration out. Check. Cute little cinnamon sugar maple leaves and pumpkins baked and cooked to top the pumpkin pie when we are ready to serve it. Check.
Well, I think I am almost ready for Thanksgiving. I am hosting this year. My parents, my sister and her son, my in laws, my sister in law and her daughter are coming. Along with the four of us. It will be a house full...but isn't that when the most fun things happen? I love to pack them in our small house. :) Nothing says love, here on earth, like a house full of people you love, good food on the table, wonderful table talk going on, games being played by everyone. Heck, even men sleeping on the couch with a football game blaring to loud on the tv is love to me. It makes me thankful that I have this home. Thankful that I have money to buy food to feed everyone. Thankful that I have dishes to wash after the meal because that means my tummy, and those that I love, is full and satisfied. Thankful that I have a couch to lay on and a tv to watch the football game. Just plain thankful. :) God is good, isn't He? Sometimes I forget to thank Him for all the blessings He gives me. But tomorrow, I plan on thanking Him. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!



No comments: