Monday, May 16, 2011

O is for....


Opal.
My daddy's mothers name was Opal.  She is the beautiful woman in this photo standing with her family (my daddy is the sweet little boy) in front of her garden.  Can you see her dress?  I guarantee she made that by hand.  She was a wonderful seamstress.  I wish I had 1/16 of her talent.  She could make anything!  She was the Martha before there was Martha.  :)  She was thrifty.  She drove a totally cool car.  She had a lovely home.  She had a sewing room that I loooooved to snoop in as a child.  She ate really yummy salad dressing.  She smelled wonderful all the time.  She loved to paint her nails.  She was a Christian.  She played bridge with her friends.  She was always dressed to the T.  She was lovely. Her name suits her just fine.  And I miss her.

3 comments:

Sewn With Grace said...

I love this picture! My Grandmother's names were Elsie and Thelma. Don't you just love the old-fashioned names? Have a wonderful day!

Kathy said...

Oh, how sweet! What a wonderful woman and I can see why you adored her. I'd miss her too!

randi said...

old family pics are just fun! thanks for sharing!