Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sister's Birthday

 I wanted to put some pictures on here from my sisters 40th birthday party we had last weekend.  I drove home by myself earlier in the day because we were going to need both vehicles to haul back a very special gift to me that I will show you later.  But, this is not about my gift...it is about my sissy's gifts!  :)


While getting very close to my little hometown, I realized how different the landscape is there compared to where I live now in Michigan.  It is very very flat and empty.  Well, not really empty.  All that space is farmland that grows wonderful things for our country and around the world.  It is amazing to me to see all that space.  I am used to hills and trees now.  Beautiful trees.  It is amazing that only four hours away can make such a difference.


 A little birthday decor.




Her loot from the birthday club girls.  There was an awful lot of fun stuff in those bags.  Isn't that what makes birthday's so much fun?  Getting things that you would not buy for yourself but someone else knows you so well and picks out such fun stuff for you?  Gotta love friends.  :)


This is exactly what I mean.  Kim bought Alison some spooky ooky scrapbook stuff.  We all know how much she is addicted in love with paper stuff and also how much she loves Halloween.  We laughed at these little gals and their purple hair.


Pretty flowers from another friends garden before the frost got them.




The birthday girl with her new toy.  She makes a comment about it on her blog.  (She also mentions something about me stealing her candle thunder, or something like that.  Please disregard that.  Hee Hee)




And here is my beautiful, talented, smart and oh-so-wonderful baby sister.  She does not look a day over 28 to me.  I love her so much!  Hope year #40 is full of awesome things for you my sweet sis.  XOXOX

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the sweet comments. And yes you are a candle stealer.

Shannan Martin said...

To sisters!!!

And is that a giant cherry pie baked in a baking dish? It looks amazing!