Wednesday, November 10, 2010

All done

 Well, I have been in labor with this quilt for several months.  I am so happy to finally have the top done.  I am going to send this little one to a quilter to have her do something fun with it.  I think it is going to hang in my living room for me to see every day.  I have just the blank wall space for it. I am thinking it will be a reminder that I am not to old to learn something new.  "Keep going. You can do it!" is what I hear when I look at it.  I have been putting off learning something new because I am afraid to fail. And you know what...it is far from perfect.  Some corners do not line up nicely and I was once again reminded that pressing seams DO matter.   But, this little 48inch x 48inch quilt is a reminder to myself that I CAN DO IT.  And, all those little pieces of fabric that I cut apart are now reassembled into something beautiful...not perfect....but close enough for me.


3 comments:

trish said...

Your quilt is beautiful!! :o) It will be gorgeous hanging on your wall. :o) And you are right - we are never too old to learn something new, and we need to leave perfection to the Lord. :o)
Have a lovely day.
Sincerely - Trish
ps. I have noticed, that my mistakes are less noticable after the quilt is quilted! :o)

Kathy said...

Oh, it is so lovely! I totally understand being afraid to fail! But, your efforts are truly wonderful!

Sewn With Grace said...

Oh I love it! It came out beautifully. Can't wait to see it in person!