Monday, August 30, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I got to go home this weekend for a birthday celebration for someone ever-so-special to me.  It was so nice stopping at the rest area and seeing my home state welcoming me back into her.  :)  Sounds silly...but I have missed her.


 
While driving into my hometown, I noticed that the farmers have been busy.  I come from a very large farming community.  Fields are everywhere.  I could not believe the corn was ready to be picked in August!  A big difference from last year where the snow was flying and they were trying to get it out of the ground.  I hope God blesses them with an abundant crop this year!  I went home on Friday to have lunch with two of my girlfriends.  We meet at the local pizza parlor and had a wonderful time together. 





On the first night home, I noticed the moon was big and full and low to the ground.  It was easier to see since I am from the flattest county in Illinois.  Now there is a random fact for you.  :)




On Saturday morning my daddy and I went down to our local Amish community to get some goodies for me to bring back to Michigan.  I love Amish communities.  Although, since I have been introduced to Shipshewana Indiana....ours is very small in comparison....but still lovely.



Flowers I brought down from Michigan from my yard for the birthday girl.  Hydrangea, Cozmo's, Zinnias and Russian Sage.  All my favorites!




My daddy helped me crank some ice-cream for the birthday girl.



He and I being silly together while waiting for the ice cream to freeze up.



Here is the finished product.  Oh goodness was this stuff fantastic.  Butter Pecan Ice-Cream to go with our vanilla cupcakes with carmel glaze on top.  The pecans in the ice cream are candied before you put them in.  I mean, come on....how much yumminess can this stuff hold???? 



Here is the birthday girl getting ready to blow out her candle and make a wish.  We opened gifts and talked until late in the night.  It was so nice being able to spend some time with those that really know me and love me.  I have missed that so much.  We talked about work and families and struggles we are each having.  There is nothing better than a good girl friend to bounce that stuff off of.  It makes you feel like all will be well with the world again. 



Sunday morning was wonderful as well.  I got up late for me!  It was 8:00 in the morning Illinois time.  That is 9:00 Michigan time!  WOW!  Anyone who knows me knows that I get up before the birds do.  I guess my mama and daddy's bed for me was just to comfy and I was so relaxed at their house it was hard to get up.  My daddy made oatmeal and toast for breakfast.  I was in the bathroom getting myself ready for the day and he called me to the table for breakfast.  He told me to "get in here and eat my breakfast."  For a little while, I was 10 years old again.  I was being called to eat with my mama and daddy at their table.  And yes....for awhile this weekend....all was right with my world.  I was home.  Home Sweet Home. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I make you oatmeal if you come live with me?

Sissy