Sunday, August 15, 2010

Crafty Kind of Day....

Today was a quiet day at my house.  I like it when Sunday's are like that.  Calm before the work week begins and things get somewhat crazy....or at least it does at my house.  Oldest daughter went home to Illinois to stay with Nana and Papa for a few days.  She wants to see some of her old friends before school starts up again for them this week.  She misses them.  Hubby took her home so it was just youngest daughter and I here this weekend.  We had some fun.  We began in Shipshewana Indiana for the day with a dear friend.  Ate some yummy Amish peanut butter fluff....oh goodness is that stuff lovely.  Saturday morning we got up early and headed to the farmers market with the same friend and her hubby.  It was so fun!  I saw some veggies that I have never heard of before!  A lemon cucumber was one.  It was interesting to look at.  Then, they took us to some fantastic bakeries in our new town.  Oh...the oatmeal bread was TO DIE FOR!  I toasted some this morning for breakfast and put butter on it....I seriously about fell over it was so good.  I hope there is bread in heaven.  Just saying.

So today....daughter and I decided to craft.  I set my sewing machine up on the kitchen table since I still don't have a permanent space to leave it up all the time.  (Hopefully Hubby is going to change that for me very soon.)

It would not be sewing without my trusty side kick helping me....



Here he was thinking that the rick rack I was using was some sort of cat toy and he was helping himself to it.  Bad kitty.....



We were listening to this on the Ipod....love music from the 30's and 40's.


Daughter decided she would fix up a box to look like a little room for her doll.  She used paper and fabric from our "stash" and was busy making it pretty.



She sewed this little pillow for the bed and made the little comforter and ruffle for it as well.  I thought it was very sweet and clever of her.


While I had out all my pretty fabrics, I decided to jazz up my little tea towel on my stove.  I added some Mary Engelbreit fabric and a little Susan Branch tag as well.  I got the idea from this wonderful blog.


Today....my life is very sweet.  I hope that yours is to!  :)

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Your day sounds so nice and peaceful. I love the doll house your daughter made; how cute! I also love the tea towel. That is such a great idea! Don't you just love Shipshewana?

Deb said...

Your daughter is very talented like her mum!

Sewn With Grace said...

Loved seeing all the fun crafty things you have been doing. Isn't Shipshewana fun? Hope you are having a good day!