Monday, August 18, 2008

So it begins....

School started today for us. I have a 7th grader and a 5th grader. Both girls. The youngest one could not wait to tell me about her day today...her teacher (which is a man), her locker, the lunch menu (because lunch is VERY important), the bus....but the 7th grader didn't have anything to tell me about school. Even when I asked...nothing. Hmmmm. I guess I am at that phase of my mothering where I have become "stupid." I remember when my own mother was soooo stupid. She could not possibly know anything about what I was going through or anything about being a girl....after all...she was OLD! HA! Now, my mother is by far, the most brilliant woman in the entire planet....no....universe!! Oh how I wish I could go back and erase those teen years where I treated her like dirt under my feet. But I can't. My mother has been ill lately and in the hospital a few times. When times like those come up, I realize how very much she means to me. How very much I appreciate the sacrifices that she made for me. How thankful I am that God, in His infinite wisdom, choose her to be my mother. No one else. So, thanks mom....for your love. You rock! p.s. I borrowed that last line from my 13 year old :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brown noser!

Love,
your younger (and smarter) sister
hee-hee

Big O said...

now now girls I love you both.