Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dinner Date

 We had friends over for dinner Friday night.  When we lived back in Illinois, we had people over to share meals with us all the time.  Since we have moved to Michigan, we have gotten out of the habit of doing it.  Well, lets just say that is going to change.  I forgot how much I enjoy fussing over people I care about with food.  I am wearing my new apron I made after buying the pattern over a year ago!
 Darling youngest daughter snapping our photo while she is helping me make dinner.
 The table is set for our guests.
 I went out in the garden to see what I could find in bloom for a centerpiece for the table.  I had a lot to choose from.
 Twinkle lights to set a relaxed mood.
Homemade salad dressing I packaged in my recycled frap bottles.  These little things come in so handy for so many things.  And since you gals love recipes like I do....here is the recipe for the dressing if you would like it.  It is tart due to the red wine vinegar.  So if you are a tart gal like I am...you will love this.
Salad Dressing
1 cup olive oil
1 cup red wine vinegar
2 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
2 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
2 1/2 tsp. dried basil
2 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
1/4 cup sugar to taste

Mix together and shake well.  Store at room temperature tightly covered.
Our friends insisted on bringing dessert.  Lets just say, that was a no-brainer for me.  These people know every bakery and candy shop in Michigan.  I kid you not.  They have impeccable taste for good things. When I saw them coming into the house with this pink box.....I knew we were going to have happy tummies.
See, told ya!  :)

1 comment:

jen medeiros said...

Your table looks adorable....very inviting. Have I told you how cute your kitchen is??

Glad you had a great night with friends....and I will try your recipe.